10 key points behind India administrating 100 crore Covid vaccine doses
India has become the second country after China to administer 100 crore Covid vaccine doses. According to JP Nadda, India has achieved the feat in less than 10 months.
India has achieved the feat of administrating 100 crore Covid vaccine doses today. The Union Health Minister has congratulated the country on the achievement in a tweet and lauded Modi’s leadership capabilities.
Here are the key highlights of the 100 Crore COVID Vaccine Feat:
- India has administered 100 crore Covid vaccine jabs in less than 10 months, BJP national president JP Nadda said in a tweet. India has given 35 lakhs jabs daily to achieve this feat, government data showed.
- The government has planned to put up banners across the nation to celebrate the feat and compliment the doctors for their role in this massive exercise. India becomes the second country after China to administer the 100 crore jabs.
- BJP leaders will visit the vaccination centres today. Party president JP Nadda will visit a centre in UP while general secretaries Arjun Singh and Dushyant Gautam will be in Tamil Nadu and Lucknow, respectively. UP will go to the polls next year.
- Though the country has achieved the 100 crore COVID vaccine jabs feat, it still has a huge gap between the first and the second dose administered. The government is aware of the situation and the risk associated with it as India had witnessed around 450,000 Covid deaths.
- According to the Co-Win portal, around 70.83 crore doses of the first dose is administered till today. But only 29.18 crores second dose are administered. Seventy-five per cent of adults have got the first dose, while only thirty-one per cent have got both doses.
- It means only 51% have got one dose which gives an estimated 30% to 50% protection. Only 20% of the population has got both the dosages among around 1.4 billion Indian people.
- News about people missing their second dosages surfaced across India. In Bengal, people have reportedly missed their second dosages scheduled in August-September.
- The top five states which have administered the highest number of dosages are – Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.
- The fear of discrepancy is still prevalent. On PM Modi’s birthday, news reports about giving jabs to dead people in MP had created a nationwide stir. India achieved the feat of 2.5 crore daily dosages on the PM’s birthday.
- According to the tweet by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, 99.9% of the vaccine dosages administered were made in India.
Feature Image: Twitter